Re: Bug in basename builtin

From: Peng Yu
Subject: Re: Bug in basename builtin
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 08:42:02 -0500

> Yes.  But without details on your bash version, it's hard to say if it
> is a known bug (that may have since been fixed in later bash).  In the
> devel branch of bash.git, I see examples/loadables/basename.c, but that
> does not seem to be built by default. It could very well be a bug in
> that file - but you should tell us for sure that you are using it.

I used this version.

$ bash --version
GNU bash, version 5.0.11(1)-release (x86_64-apple-darwin18.6.0)

This is free software; you are free to change and redistribute it.

I compiled basename from bash-5.0/examples/loadables

bash-5.0/CHANGES says it is bash-5.0-release

BTW, once a builtin is loaded, is there a way to tell from which .so
file it is loaded in bash?

--
Regards,
Peng