Re: Historical Man pages or documentation

From: Nicholas Papadonis
Subject: Re: Historical Man pages or documentation
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 22:29:22 -0400

Correction, I'm looking for the Bourne Shell early documentation.  So far I
have found the the "The Unix Programming Environment" which details parts
of it in a tutorial.

My main goes were to understand how the syntax has morphed over time.  I
found of interest that the original Thompson shell redirection morphed
backwards to:

cmd1 | cmd2
cmd1 ^ cmd2
cmd1 >cmd2>