Re: [Help-bash] Help to add new builtin

From: Joaquin Manuel Crespo
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Help to add new builtin
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 10:09:33 -0300

Thank you a lot for the tip.
One question, since "enable" load the program as a builtin into bash
(excluding that in builtin the same is executed in the same ram space as
the shell and by the shell) in this case, What is the advantage of use
"enable" instead of execute the program in another child PID putting the
program in the "PATH" variable? Regardless the minimal difference of speed.

I would like integrate my programs directly into the source code, instead
of storage in another folder the programs or/and put the "enable" builtin
in "/etc/bash.bashrc"

El jue., 8 de ago. de 2019 a la(s) 09:47, Greg Wooledge (address@hidden)
escribiĆ³:

--