help-3dldf

Re: [help-3dldf] Re: all intersections between two paths *

From: Martijn van Manen
Subject: Re: [help-3dldf] Re: all intersections between two paths *
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:14:39 -0500

Hi Laurence and others,

It seems my "mathematical knowledge" - in as far as we
can speak of it, is considered more important than it
actually is. I'm doing my best, but I'll honestly admit that
with the 70 hour working week little time is left.
Currently I try to get the intersections of conic sections
right.
After that there are the reflection groups/stellations/facetting.
If there is any other priority to take tell me.
I would like to give my opinion about some things.
The most popular drawing program among mathematicians
is the infamous "xfig". What one would want for 3DLDF is
some user interface, to make it easier to code that stuff.
That would make your program so much more popular.
It should be targeted towards use with latex. Latex is
the formatting program of choice in theoretical physics/mathematics
and fairly popular in other exact domains.
That is a priority as far as I know, but then, what
I know is very little.

GRTZ,

Martijn