help-3dldf

Re: [help-3dldf] (no subject)

From: Martijn van Manen
Subject: Re: [help-3dldf] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 00:20:48 -0500

Hi Laurence and others,

I know that LaTeX can not be incorporated in texinfo.
I use LaTeX to easily write the thing. First write
it, then format it.
I wanted to discourage you from installing the whole
LaTeX tree because I noticed that in Debian, if you have
the full LaTeX ( I need this everyday ) and you install cweb,
you get trouble. Your LaTeX becomes dysfunctional. Same deal
the other way around.
However I wonder. The way to get Metapost working with LaTeX
is to say

export TEX=latex

in a shell and then you can use Metapost & LaTeX. I.e. you write

verbatimtex
\documentclass{amsart}
\begin{document}
etex;
beginfig ....
endfig .....
verbatimtex
\end{document}
etex;
end

Wouldn't it work the same way with texi2dvi?

GRTZ,

Martijn