help-3dldf

[help-3dldf] Re: Ellipsoids

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: [help-3dldf] Re: Ellipsoids
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 19:14:21 +0100

You can probably get sources on line by a web-search, perhaps on "Jordan
normal form", "quadratic forms" or something. A book in German on my
bookshelf is B.L. van der Waerden, "Algebra". But most of the stuff is in
any first year university course on linear algebra. One may also find some
mathematical handbook covering it.

There is also a big step between doing one the one hand linear algebra,
splines and graphics, and on the other hand, formal mathematical geometry.
So it can be wise to stay with the former.