help-3dldf

[help-3dldf] Re: your mail

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: [help-3dldf] Re: your mail
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:29:01 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Martijn van Manen wrote:

> Hi Laurence & others,
>
> Copyright of all I send to this address is hereby granted to the FSF.

Sorry, it's not that simple.  I must send you a form per email that you
fill out and send to the FSF in Boston (per email).  They will send you
paper forms that you must fill out and return by ordinary mail.  Then the
copyright clerk checks them and lets me know whether I can accept
contributions from you.  It may be necessary to have your employer or
school, if any, sign a release disclaiming any rights in the code
and/or documentation you contribute to the GNU 3DLDF project.

The purpose of this procedure is to ensure that no one can
successfully sue the FSF for a copyright violation.  I am very careful
about this, because free software is under threat from commercial
interests.  This is not mere paranoia.

Please let me know if I should proceed, and I'll send you the initial
request form.

> Plz check my first steps on the texinfo path.

I shall.

> Hints are welcome. ( also about polyhedra )

> More is coming.

Thanks.

Laurence