heartlogic-dev

[Heartlogic-dev] not cynical (was Re: books)

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: [Heartlogic-dev] not cynical (was Re: books)
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 17:01:24 +0530

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 12:58:04AM -0600, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> my sadly cynical belief is that the people who get published are
> the ones who yell more and above the cacophony of the other voices.
> at least that is a way to characterize the way meetings worked
> at cycorp.

Well sure, that's because most people don't have anything
interesting to say.

However, one _should_ yell louder if one actually does discover
anything worthwhile.  It's not that yelling is wrong, it is just
that most people seem to do things in the wrong order (yell
first and discover something interesting later or maybe never).

> Was this helpful?

Yah, and probably enough for now.

I feel like I am creeping out from under my pragmatic language deficit.

--
A new cognitive theory of emotion, http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/aleader