Re: [Health] Restricting doctors access to patient history

From: Humberto Freitas
Subject: Re: [Health] Restricting doctors access to patient history
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2020 10:16:35 +0100

Hello Edgar,

Interesting. Is it a hospital, or a group practice or just a facility sharing? Because this makes sense to me only if it is just a facility sharing. Otherwise at least the head of the department should have the general privileges because he is responsible at the end. A hospital information system makes sense especially if the information of the evaluations and prescriptions is made available to all responsible doctors.
Yes. You are absolutely right. And believe me, that’s the way I thought it’d work, because as you said, a hospital information system makes sense specially if the information of evaluations and prescription is made available to all doctors.
This a private hospital and, as the hospital administration clarified, only the head of the department of doctors should have the ability to get all patient prescriptions and evaluations. Otherwise, each doctor should get his/her patient prescriptions or evaluations.

There could be different levels of doctors, e.g. intern, senior physician, medical head of department, medical head of hospital and so on who could have different access privileges to patient evaluations then. One has to create at Administration/User a new Group, I guess. And then probably you have to finetune at Administration/Models/Fields and /Record Rules (maybe similar to Calendar(?)).
Yeah, that was my first thought, and no matter how I tweak the Administration/Models/Fields and /Record Rules, I cannot set the restriction I am looking for :S
What do you mean when you say: (maybe similar to Calendar(?))

Unfortunately I do not know either, I would be interested in the solution too. Could you please share it if you find a way?

Yes indeed. It’s the least I can do ;)

Right now, I experimenting with group configuration, setting rules on the patient evaluation records with the following domain:
[['healthprof', '=', Get(Eval('user', {}), 'healthprof', None)]]

Any thoughts?

Sincerely,

Humberto Freitas

Cell phone: +244 944 775 334
email: humberto.freitas310@gmail.com
Angola

According to the hospital administration, each doctor must only have access to the patient history, such as patient prescriptions or patient evaluations, in which they previously created. For example, when a doctor wants to check patient evaluations, the evaluations that GH will fetch will be only the ones that this doctor has with him/her. The same goes for patient prescriptions.
Interesting. Is it a hospital, or a group practice or just a facility sharing? Because this makes sense to me only if it is just a facility sharing. Otherwise at least the head of the department should have the general privileges because he is responsible at the end. A hospital information system makes sense especially if the information of the evaluations and prescriptions is made available to all responsible doctors.

The way GH is working now, when a doctor wants to check patient evaluations, GH fetches all doctors evaluations for the patient.
There could be different levels of doctors, e.g. intern, senior physician, medical head of department, medical head of hospital and so on who could have different access privileges to patient evaluations then. One has to create at Administration/User a new Group, I guess. And then probably you have to finetune at Administration/Models/Fields and /Record Rules (maybe similar to Calendar(?)).

Can you help me with this?

Unfortunately I do not know either, I would be interested in the solution too. Could you please share it if you find a way?

Thank you very much!

All the best

Edgar

(Austria)