Re: [Health] Some Questions

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Some Questions
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 16:43:40 +0100

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 15:34:50 +0200
EURAFRI Networking - Karl <karl@eurafri.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I thought I better place this questions in a separated mail. What we
> are checking currently:
>
> - Backup for Users: Is there a way that they e.g. download a ZIP file
> containing the postgres.sql file and the attachements? I assume this
> should be everything a user would need to recover if things would go
> wrong.

Best is to use gnuhealth control center tool. It backups not only the
database, but the kernel and attachments.

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Control_Center

> - Server/Raspberry Sync: The users will use the hosted instance as
> primary resource. But it would be cool if one could sync data from the
> server to a raspberry, travel to areas without connectivity and sync
> changed data from Raspberry to server after returning.

That is where the GNU Health Federation and thalamus comes into play.

> - Mobile Client: Is there any mobile client available or planed to be
> used on Android, and maybe also on upcoming Pine Phone and Librem5
> running Linux OS on mobile?

MyGNUHealth is the GNU Health PHR for desktop and mobile devices
(eg, PinePhone), that we're developing and should be ready for both
environments Q4 this year.

PS: Highly recommend our Telegram channel (https://t.me/gnuhealth) to
keep yourself up-to-date with the latest news about these developments
and the community.

All the best
Luis