[Health] Laboratory stock control

From: Humberto Freitas
Subject: [Health] Laboratory stock control
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 18:58:19 +0100

Hello guys,

Firstly, let me just say that I’m amazed with the work you guys are doing. Thank you for all your work.

I could already install the software on a Debian 9 Stretch. It couldn’t be easier. Following the wiki instructions, I could install the system and it’s up and running.

It is amazing how seamlessly GH organizes all the information that a healthcare institution needs to make daily important decisions. So to give it a try, we started the installation of the GNU Health basic system with the GNU Health LIMS module, so we can manage our laboratory. Everything is working great.

So, now I want to manage the laboratory stock according to the requested lab tests.

After some talk with the Lab personnel, I find that I could manage the stock in one of two ways:
  1. Automating the stock moves, from the lab location to some virtual location (like Lab Tests), according to the requested lab tests. So when the result of a lab test is done the move occurs;
  2. Or I could let them make the moves themselves, with the internal shipments. So, every test they do, they should register the stock moves in the internal shipments.

After tinkering for some time, I could realise that the first solution has some problems with automating the process because the material used to make certain tests vary with patient physical characteristics, like patient age.

So now I’m thinking about the second solution. After some experimentation, it works. However, when adding an internal shipment I want to identify the origin of the moves with a lab test. Can you help me adding the list of lab tests in the list of items to add to the origin field?

Sincerely,

Humberto Freitas

Cell phone: +244 944 775 334
email: address@hidden