Re: [Health] [tryton] login problems

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] [tryton] login problems
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 13:07:20 +0100

Hi there !

On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 11:28:10 +0200
Mathias Behrle <address@hidden> wrote:

> X-Post and Follow_up to General GNU Health discussion and help
> <address@hidden>
>

> * Thilo Gesche: " [tryton] Aw: You have joined the group
>   address@hidden" (Thu, 14 Sep 2017 08:32:15 +0200):
>
> Hi Thilo,
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am unable to connect to any google site from within China
> > (without a VPN I usually do not need), so I am hoping anyone is
> > able to help me with the problem described below. I installed
> > trytond 4.2.6, tryton 4.2.6 and dependencies on opensuse leap 42.3
> > plus gnuhealth but did not manage to login to the database. For the
> > installation I followed the opensuse documentation.

The GNU Health documentation is on Wikibooks.

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health

> > I get stuck at the point where the tryton client asks for the
> > password (for the user tryton and the database I have just created
> > and initialized - see commands below). Using the same password I
> > entered when initializing the database did not work as expected. I
> > can enter the psql database via command lien or pgadmin. By now I
> > have tried the installation on two different computers which
> > probably means I unknowingly repeat an error during the setup or
> > there is a authentification probem within. Maybe related to the
> > timezone or the encoding? The only change in trytond.conf was
> > uncommenting #super_pwd =. (Leaving as it is does not make a
> > difference).

Some points I would put focus :

Read the installation documentation *from the beginning* :

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Installation

If you use OpenSUSE, follow the instructions here. Note that you can
choose installing the package or the vanilla/generic version.

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Operating_System-Specific_Notes#OpenSUSE

Check the documentation on configuring PostgreSQL documentation for GNU
Health

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Installation#Verify_PostgreSQL_authentication_method

Initializing the database instance

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Installation#Initializing_the_GNU_Health_database

And JSON-RPC protocol setup

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Installation#Activate_Network_Devices_for_the_JSON-RPC_Protocol

> super_pwd is gone in trytond 4.2 [1], so this one is at least some
> cruft in the configuration. It also doesn't exist in the vanilla
> gnuhealth configuration in the development repository [2].

Correct. It's been removed since it's no longer used.

> What I am missing in the native gnuhealth installation script is the
> dependency for bcrypt.

Good catch ! Although is unrelated to this issue (it silently fallbacks
to SHA). Bcrypt is on GH Thalamus, but not on gnuhealth-setup. I will
update gnuhealth-setup and setup.py for Pypi (although it takes the
dependency from Trytond on pypi based installations).

> Anyway it would be easier to help if you could provide some verbose
> log. For that you can start trytond-admin with the -v switch.
>

> [1] http://doc.tryton.org/4.2/trytond/doc/topics/configuration.html
> [2] http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/health/
>
> Cheers,
> Mathias