[Health] GnuHealth on Opensuse 42.3

From: Thilo Gesche
Subject: [Health] GnuHealth on Opensuse 42.3
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 14:13:51 +0200

Hello,

I am trying to install gnuhealth on Opensuse 42.3 (multilingual environement)
so far without luck. Axel gave me some indications (thanks Axel for the quick
reply) but since I mixed up the instructions I must have got lost somewhere on
the way and don't know where to look at now. I am stuck at the point where the
tryton client is running (with Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C
library. Using the fallback 'C' locale.) but appearantly fails to fetch the
database. Below you find some thoughts and suggestions I made during the
install, hoping they may be helpful for other users. Any help for making the
installation run would be highly appreciated.

Best regards

Thilo, Chengdu, China

Thoughts and suggestions from an unexperienced user

I think it would be helpful to have a "... for dummies" approach in the "how to
get it running" instructions. It's already kept simple and straightforward
which is great but becomes quickly confusing as soon as things go wrong. Maybe
a "what if things go wrong" section might be helpful? Otherwise maybe it should
say it is only for qualified system administrators?

The headline is ambigous
How to get it running (Without reading the instructions)
What it probably means:
Please read the whole document prior to installation. By following this walk
through the gnuhealth instructions must not be read in order to avoid
installation conflicts

What I and probably other inexperienced users thought it meant:
Don't bother reading through all the instructions (yeah), just go through the
installation as descibed below until you get stuck and tell yourself you better
start reading over all instructions and man pages (bummer). :-)

I think it would be better to use signs $ or > for local user and # for root
user (because that is what the user sees on the screen in the opensuse command
prompt terminal)
e.g.
address@hidden:/home> su
Password:
linux-ku22:/home # systemctl restart postgresql

Unless indicated otherwise the use of sudo should be preferred.

I suppose I ran into the authorisation issues mentions in: "2)
You need to log in as user postgres, in order to avoid authorisation issues." I
think it would be helpful to name permissions and ownership of the changed
files so the user may sort out the issues manually.

Here is part of my log output (for some reason the time stamp does not match
the system clock)

Mon Sep 04 06:28:39 2017] INFO:trytond.modules:purchase:registering classes
Mon Sep 04 06:28:39 2017] INFO:trytond.modules:health_icu:registering classes
Mon Sep 04 06:28:39 2017] INFO:trytond.modules:health_insurance:registering
classes
Mon Sep 04 06:28:39 2017] INFO:trytond.modules:health_services_lab:registering
classes
Mon Sep 04 06:28:39 2017] INFO:trytond.modules:purchase_request:registering
classes
Mon Sep 04 06:28:39 2017] INFO:trytond.modules:stock_supply:registering classes
Mon Sep 04 06:28:39 2017] INFO:werkzeug: * Running on http://localhost:8000/
(Press CTRL+C to quit)
Mon Sep 04 07:14:47 2017] INFO:trytond.backend.postgresql.database:connect to
"template1"
Mon Sep 04 07:15:56 2017] INFO:trytond.backend.postgresql.database:connect to
"template1"

address@hidden:/home> psql -l shows
List of databases
Name | Owner | Encoding | Collate | Ctype | Access privileges
-------------+-----------+----------+-------------+-------------+-----------------------
gnuhealthdb | gnuhealth | UTF8 | fr_FR.UTF-8 | fr_FR.UTF-8 |
postgres | postgres | UTF8 | fr_FR.UTF-8 | fr_FR.UTF-8 |
template0 | postgres | UTF8 | fr_FR.UTF-8 | fr_FR.UTF-8 | =c/postgres +
template1 | postgres | UTF8 | fr_FR.UTF-8 | fr_FR.UTF-8 | =c/postgres +
(4 rows)

Spelling mistakes and others:

Fron -> From
Note: Fron Tryton Release 4.2 ...

sill -> still
3) Create a role for 'tryton' in the database (sill as user postgres)

md5 -> peer
change the line
local all all md5