Re: [Health] OpenSUSE 42.3 GNUhealth external connection

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health] OpenSUSE 42.3 GNUhealth external connection
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2017 07:41:00 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 3. August 2017, 12:51:18 CEST schrieb address@hidden:

> Absolutely, I will send the upcoming issues for address@hidden Thanks.

Welcome!

> On 2017-08-03 01:27, Axel Braun wrote:
> > For the connection issue:
> > - make sure you have port 8000 open in client and server
> > - once used without SSL, it will throw up an error when connecting with
> > SSL - what are you using?
>
> I use windows operating system LAN clients. Where to configure SSL? What
> is the default state for openSUSE? Should the ports be open from each
> operating system?

- SSL is configured on the server side. It was described in the old Tryton-Wiki
(see: https://github.com/mbehrle/tryton/blob/wiki/InstallationonopenSUSE.md )
- By default *no* SSL is set up
- Generally the port needs to be open on the server, not on the client
(outgoing connection). For testing you may open on the client as well

> Is using the workforce server- clients 3.8 tryton on the same router as
> this opensuse Trial tryton 4.2 server may be a cause to this connection
> issue?

Yes: Server and client need to have the same major version - 4.2 in that case.

> > When trying to put Static IP,  internet connection goes off.
> > Please describe this in more detail (is not related to GNU Health)
>
> I tried to set it from the terminal or YaST Network but always had no
> internet connection in result. I thought it may have some impact on the
> server-client connection.

Difficult to say w/o further information. I guess the routing is not set
properly. Try to ping the server from the client.

> > I can not use the command cdexe for some reason.
> > the alias is only set up for root - and you dont really need it, as all
> > required binaries (like gnuhealth-control) are intalled in /usr/bin
>
> That's good to know.
>
> > Current systemctl status trytond. A repeated issue of failed for
> > limit start when trying to change .conf or systemctl start gnuhealth in
> > attempts which result to reinstall the whole OS
> > Can you explain more in detail? I doubt that a failed systemd start forces
> > the reinstallation of the whole operating system! If yo, it should be
> > reported in bugzilla.opensuse.org
>
> Sorry, I meant that my best solution have been to reinstall the OS.
> because when I run into trouble even when I uninstall and reinstall
> trytond and gnuhealth, things are not all cleared.

Unlike in other systems for the mass market, package management under Linux
usually works very well, so there is no need to reinstall everything.

Good luck,
Axel