[Health] How to manage change in the medication dose and its admin times

From: Khurram Shahzad
Subject: [Health] How to manage change in the medication dose and its admin times of hospitalized patient
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 11:29:34 +0500

Dear All,

After successful implementation of GNU Health, we are being asked about some advance questions by our health professionals. One of those questions is how to best manage the change in the dose of a medicament of a hospitalized patient? Apparently, following options are available:

1. Update the current record in the medication plan for the medicament. The problem in this option is that the previous dosage is lost and also we can not trace when the dose / admin times were changed in order to see the compliance by the nursing staff.

2. To keep the history, mark the current record as 'Discontinued' and add another record for the same medicament with changed dose and admin times. The problem in the approach is the doctors have to re-enter the same medicament again and also there will be many records for the same medicament.

Any thoughts, please.

--

Regards,
Khurram.