Re: [Health] Inpatient Medication Issues

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Inpatient Medication Issues
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 19:55:41 +0000

Dear Khurram

Thanks for reporting !
On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 13:01:43 +0500
Khurram Shahzad <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> The medication of hospitalized patient can be divided in two phases
> being:
>
> 1. The doctor prescribes the medicine (doctor specifies dose, admin
> route and admin times)
> 2. The nursing staff administers the prescribed medicine by giving the
> specified dose of the medicine at the specified admin times.
>
> Thus the nursing staff should not be able to change the medicine
> prescription information including dose, admin route and admin times
> etc. I am unable to impose this rule using access permissions.
>
> I have given read & write access of following Models to doctors so
> that they can prescribe the medicine:
> a) Inpatient Medication
> b) Inpatient Medication Line
> c) Inpatient Medication Admin Times
>
> I have given read & write access of following Model to Nursing Staff:
> i) Inpatient Medication Admin Log History
>
> Since, the nursing staff should not be able to change the inpatient
> medication prescription, I have given *ONLY  READ* access of following
> models to nursing staff:
> a) Inpatient Medication
> b) Inpatient Medication Line
> c) Inpatient Medication Admin Times
>
> But, after these settings, the nursing staff can just read all
> above-mentioned models and can not create Medication Admin Log
> History.
>
> Nursing Staff can create Admin Log History only when I allow write
> access of Inpatient Medication to them. As a result of which they
> change the medication dose and admin times which we don't want to
> allow to them.

I think that your issue is related with the fact that the medication
log model is being called from the inpatient medication (which itself
is called from the patient registration model).

If you set a read only flag on a root model, then the rest of the
related models called from M2O or O2M fields will share the read only
restrictions.

In this cases, you need to work at field level, working more in the
complement basis.

Please take a look at the following screenshot example, where I give
create and write access to the log_history field, but I make readonly
the other fields associated to the medication.

I have highlighted the relevant models involved.

http://i.imgur.com/LhkLaqv.png

To make life easier, we should have menus and shortcuts
(relate) to the log history model itself. In this case, things become
much easier to deal from an administrative and roles point of view, and
also, more performant than having all in one single model.

I've been applying this menu-driven and relate approach in
most models. Patient registration is one of the models that need
included to this design on 3.2.

> I am sorry for lengthy mail; but I am in a real fix and need help.

Thank you for your feedback, and let us know if it works.

Bests
Luis

--
Dr. Luis Falcon, M.D., BSc