Re: [Health] ICD-10 Wording problems

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] ICD-10 Wording problems
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2016 11:06:05 +0000

Dear Khurram

On Sat, 3 Dec 2016 11:48:16 +0500
Khurram Shahzad <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Luis,
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> I have checked WHO website and downloaded the ICD-10 in XML format.
> Is this file the source for diseases, disease_categories and
> pathalogy_groups? Is it good to extract data from this XML file and
> update these three tables to get ICD-10 2016?

Thanks for the update !

I have not seen the latest, but it should be good as the source for
updating both diseases and the categories. You can send me the XML and
I'll let you know if we can take it as the source.

The pathology groups is a GNU Health feature, so it's not directly
related to the ICD10 or any specific coding standard. That said, the
health_icd10 module contais a file (data/disease_groups.xml) with health
conditions codes from ICD10 linked to specific pathology groups.

There should be not much change, but it's good to keep it up to date.

Important note : Please *never* change the information at database
level, since that will lead to inconsistencies.

What we'll do is to update the health_icd10 module XML files
(under "data" directory), and include it on the newer release or patch.

All the best
Luis