Re: [Health] Multiple List prices for a Product

From: Khurram Shahzad
Subject: Re: [Health] Multiple List prices for a Product
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 15:36:00 +0500

Dear Luis,

Yes. I want to keep the Service Document as the main model linked to
financial management / Invoicing. So no need for the Sale module, and
we keep it simple.

Are we targeting some special advantage by having "Health Services" in "Health" module? Why don't we use the "Invoices" of "account_invoice" module?

In fact, I was searching for some module to handle the advances by the hospitalized patients. I found a module "account_deposit" which handled advances very well. This module added an account type "Deposit" to mark the financial accounts and book the advances against the patients. Now, when I created an invoice using "Invoices" in "Financial", I found a button "Recall Deposit" to find and adjust the already deposited amount in the invoice. All accounting entries were automatic when the invoice was processed.

Now again, this button "Recall Deposit" does not appear in the invoices created using "Health Services".

A point raising in my mind is why we are developing modules in "GNU Health" for which similar modules are already there in Tryton? The modules in Tryton get enhanced by other installed modules which is a great benefit and not available for GNU Health modules.

Similarly, I am unable to understand why Tryton Sale module does not have work flow for selling only "services"? It always takes us through "create shipment" blah blah work flow even when there is no goods being sold?

Sorry for the lengthy email but I feel that the strength of Tryton is not fully utilized.

Regards,
Khurram.