Re: [Health] Next Release Date and Features in GNU Health

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Next Release Date and Features in GNU Health
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2016 21:20:09 +0000

Hi Khurram !

On Sat, 3 Sep 2016 15:28:18 +0500
Khurram Shahzad <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Luis,
>
> Thanks.
>
> I had read a tweet from you regarding integration of GNU Health with
> Orthanc PACS but I don't see any task for this feature in this
> release - is this feature planned for some other release?

Yes. We already have started working on the design for the interface. It
should be in, since we still have until October for the feature freeze
stage. We have to create the task.

> Similarly, the automatic generation of invoice for hospitalised
> patient is also anxiously waited but not in the list.

I don't know if I understand you correctly. We have the functionality
to generate the invoice from the service model.

> Can we help in the development of features as developers/coders in
> order to have more features developed in less time?

Of course ! That would be great and most welcome !

> I think we should maintain a product backlog (and thus a future road
> map) for GNU Health as it is the only open-source Hospital
> Information System and Health Information System very rich in
> features and building blocks which can be combined to make it a
> perfect system.

Thank you !

Savannah tasks and Changelog / Mercurial history covers pretty much all
the development activity, both for stable and trunk (default)
branches .>

> Since we are actively testing/implementing the system, we can suggest
> various features/requirements/tweaking for GNU Health including:
> OPD Patient Ordering and Invoicing
> IPD Patient Ordering and Invoicing
> Blood Bank
> Integration with open source LIMS (like Bikalims)
> and so on ....

That sounds great !

Blood bank is a nice module, and we have it on the "wishlist". Services
and invoicing is already in place. Maybe is a matter of optimizing /
improving the current functionality.

Keep in mind that for the upcoming 3.2 we have two key new features.
The GNU Health Federation and MyGnuHealth, the mobile application.
In my humble opinion, the release 3.2 will be one of the most relevant
event since the conception of the project.

GNU Health 3.2 will integrate the latest stable Tryton version.

Also, as GNU Health consolidates, we pay special attention to stability
in existing installations and upgrades. Of course, new
functionality and features come with each GNU Health release.

> GNU Health can also offer the support services for raising money in
> order to have more resources to develop it rapidly

GNU Solidario is an non-profit NGO, and will never charge for the
development of GNU Health. That gives us total independence, makes the
project sustainable, and allow us to focus on the core development.

I hope we can raise funds from GNU Solidario members and donations. I
take the opportunity to invite anyone who uses the system and has the
financial means, to consider supporting us and becoming a donor. It
really makes a difference.

http://health.gnu.org/support.html

Let's make each of us part of the "outreach" and fund-raising
team ! The project is more, way more than just coding and technology.

Also, I invite all of you to participate on the GNU Health Con.

http://www.gnuhealthcon.org

This event brings together the GNU Health community around the world.
Developers, users, translators, security team, consulting companies,
NGOs, Public Health officials... in other words, people that is really
committed with the GNU Health philosophy. GNUHealthCon is the place to
sit down, discuss, brainstorm and shape up the future of the project.

There are a lot of things going on behind the scenes that make GNU
Solidario and GNU Health a reality and a consolidated project. For
example, we now have a chapter in Africa, a representative (Mr. Armand
Mpassy) and an office in Gabon. Same is happening in Latin America and
Europe. The web page is being updated with this info, so this is a
primer :)

Sorry for the lengthy response, but I think that every once in a while
it's important to refresh the philosophy and mission of GNU Solidario
and GNU Health :)

All the best,
Luis