Re: [Health] How to search a Patient by Phone

From: Prakhar Bansal
Subject: Re: [Health] How to search a Patient by Phone
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 11:55:30 +0530

Hey,

On Friday 25 March 2016 10:01 PM, Chris wrote:
Hiya!

On 03/24/16, Luis Falcon wrote:
Hi Chris and Khurram !
On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 18:38:52 -0700
Chris <address@hidden> wrote:

Hiya!

On 03/21/16, Khurram Shahzad wrote:
Dear,

I want to search in the patient records by using the phone number
which I have already entered in the contact mechanism.
I don't believe you can explicitly search by phone number, only name
(lastname, family, etc.), puid, or alternative ids.

Although, it would be simple to add that. I'm thinking email would be
helpful, too. Thoughts?

-C

We currently directly (without the need of filters) search a person
record by

* PUID
* Any Alternative IDs
* Family names
* Given Names

We could expand the search to include the contact mechanism (phone,
emails, mobiles , ... ), similarly as we do with the alternative IDs

Better explained than I did! Hehe.

I think it would be helpful. Although, the absolute practical value
seems intermittent and sparse - that is, most will be searching by name,
puid, etc. In a similar way, we should be able to search by DOB, too,
since that seems a common way to search as well. However, you get into
the problem of searching every parameter, etc. Won't go that far,
I hope.  Hehe.

Regards,

-C

IMO, search by phone number is better approach. Patients might not remember the PUID or multiple patients can have the same name. But a mobile number or a phone number provides a unique search and helps in fetching unique records.

Regarding the DOB search, this might not be a very good idea. We can have analytic reports based on age, etc, but not a search.

Let me know your thoughts

Bests,
Luis