[Health] Raspberry Pi Installation issue

From: Livingstone, Euan
Subject: [Health] Raspberry Pi Installation issue
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 13:27:59 +0000

Hi I am a student and as part of my final project I am trying to setup the GNUHealth software on a raspberry Pi.  I  am looking for help with installation process as I seem to of hit a brick wall. I have managed to get so far but no it just seems to stop with no error code.  I have tried to follow the install instructions from https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Installation#Configuring_the_Log_File_.28optional.29

en.wikibooks.org
Verify PostgreSQL authentication method . Note : You can skip this section if you made a standard installation on FreeBSD or Arch Linux. PostgreSQL uses different ...

It is a Raspberry Pi 2 with Raspbian Jessie installed.

Install process so far:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo apt-get install postgres-9.4

sudo apt-get install tryton-modules-all

sudo apt-get install tryton-client

sudo apt-get install libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev pyhthon-dev

sudo apt-get install build-essential python-dev python-pip libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev libldap2-dev libsasl2-dev python-ldap python-imaging python2.7-cracklib postgresql postgresql-server-dev-all

sudo adduser gnuhealth

su - postgres -c "createuser --createdb --no-createrole --no-superuser gnuhealth"

su - gnuhealth

cd $HOME

wget http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/health/gnuhealth-latest.tar.gz

tar xzf gnuhealth-latest.tar.gz

cd gnuhealth-*

./gnuhealth_install.sh

source "$HOME"/.gnuhealthrc

editconf

[jsonrpc]

listen = *:8000

                [database]

path = /home/gnuhealth/attach

 cdexe

./trytond

The problem is when I enter the last command.  To begin with it was giving an error 98: address already in use.  I traced this to the tryton server already running at startup so Killed it and reran the ./trytond  command.  Now all I get is:

[Thu Dec 17 12:50:53 2015] INFO:trytond.server:using /home/gnuhealth/gnuhealth/tryton/server/config/trytond.conf as configuration file
[Thu Dec 17 12:50:53 2015] INFO:trytond.server:initialising distributed objects services
[Thu Dec 17 12:50:54 2015] INFO:trytond.server:starting JSON-RPC protocol on *:8000
Then nothing it just sits there like it is frozen.

does anyone have any experince with installing this software onto a Raspberry Pi?

HELP, PLEASE!!!!

This message and its attachment(s) are intended for the addressee(s) only and should not be read, copied, disclosed, forwarded or relied upon by any person other than the intended addressee(s) without the permission of the sender. If you are not the intended addressee you must not take any action based on this message and its attachment(s) nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Please respond to the sender and ensure that this message and its attachment(s) are deleted.

It is your responsibility to ensure that this message and its attachment(s) are scanned for viruses or other defects. Edinburgh Napier University does not accept liability for any loss or damage which may result from this message or its attachment(s), or for errors or omissions arising after it was sent. Email is not a secure medium. Emails entering Edinburgh Napier University's system are subject to routine monitoring and filtering by Edinburgh Napier University.

Edinburgh Napier University is a registered Scottish charity. Registration number SC018373