Re: [Health] Duplicate parties, no VCard printing, Decimal places and Ta

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Duplicate parties, no VCard printing, Decimal places and Tax country
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 13:39:38 +0100

Hi, Chris !
On Sun, 28 Jun 2015 12:37:20 +0300
"Chris R. Kasangaki" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Please give me some help if you can.
>
> I have started a full implementation of GnuHealth at a 200-bed
> hospital in Uganda - the first such implementation in this country, I
> guess.
That is great !!

>       1. People I have registered as users need to be registered
> again if I have to include them as employees. In addition when I
> register them that way, both instances receive a unique PID, meaning
> that the system sees them as unique individuals. Is there a place I
> can register a person once and not have to repeat this scenario.
You should always register the people only once.
No matter whether they are patients, health professionals, or
employees, they're always linked to the party (person) by M2O fields

For example, if you're creating health professionals, the attributes
person and health professional will be automatically set . The PUID
will be also assign and shown in the health professional form .The
internal user (the one that logs into GNU Health) is shown at party
level.

The data model uses the concept of data uniqueness, so a person, with
her or his unique ID can have different attributes. For example, she
can be, both a health professional and a patient.

You might want to look at the Health professional documentation

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Health_Professionals

What is important is that you always have a single party per individual.

> I apologize if the questions are too many, but I have nowhere else to
> run and from the look of things I am likely to have more in the coming
> weeks.
>
> Thank you very much in advance.

Thank you for reporting and looking forward to hear from you and your
implementation in Kampala.

Best,

--
Luis Falcon, M.D.