Re: [Health] GNU Health

From: Cédric Krier
Subject: Re: [Health] GNU Health
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 17:35:21 +0200

On 2015-06-16 22:12, David Bruchmann wrote:

> > But why would a patient want to prevent you to find its medical records?
> Here are now a few examples where the patient might like to hide his known
> identity:
>
> 1) Getting another verification (by another doctor perhaps) because he
> never is satisfied with the existing ones.
> 2) Getting more Medication than he needs, for selling or "helping" someone
> without required consultation
> 3) Getting a clean patient record concerning any invoices

Those sounds more like a government issue that an hospital.

> Usually any way where is seen a real or supposed option to get something
> desired is used.
> It would be naive to think that self produced social numbers without
> further identification really point to the right person and that they do it
> only once.

But it is what is done here in Europe.

> Therefore the usage of biometrics perhaps never allows to get the real data
> of a person but it grants that you always talk to the expected person.

Using biometrics (I don't know exactly which one you are talking) still
seems to me very expensive, intrusive and not necessary reliable. It
also brings a lot of concerns about privacy.

You could still emit a kind of ID card from the hospital with picture
etc. and to get one a patient should provide some official document to
proof who he is.

But any way, which biometrics would you want to use? On which hardware?

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: address@hidden