Re: [Health] Biometrics

From: Alejandro Fernandez Herrero
Subject: Re: [Health] Biometrics
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 13:38:34 -0300

Dear Robert

I  think this added it is a must.
I was working with some fingerprint reader (like U.r.U. 4500/5000 and Secu Gen) those are one of the cheapest reader.
I offer me to integrate a group of person to add this capabilities to GNU Health.
Maybe Luis can guide us to begin with this challenge.

Alejandro Fernández Herrero
Gerente de Producto
Qubit SA

Hi,

A window of opportunity has opened up and we have been asked to provision a GNU Server for a proof of concept at one of the Provincial Health Authorities in Papua New Guinea. I say "opportunity" because open source in health in Papua New Guinea is unfortunately scarce. We are hoping to change this.

One of the key questions we will be asked is around biometrics and whether GNU Health supports finger / palm reader devices out of the box.

Is any one able to point me to any notes / case study or url talking more about this aspect of Patient Identification.

Perhaps someone has used a specific barnd of device that they might like to recommend.

Regards,

Robert Schilt
Kuakawa Solutions
Papua New Guinea