Re: [Health] Gnu Health 2.8 Could not connect to local database server

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Gnu Health 2.8 Could not connect to local database server
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 17:18:09 +0000

Hello Chris

On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 12:35:53 +0100 (CET)
"Christopher R. Kasangaki" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Axel,
>
> I am not sure where the problem is because I copied the same
> (working) file from my Debian system but it did not work on the
> OpenSuSE system.

Last week, during GNU Health training, we did an installation of GNU
Health 2.8 on Ubuntu, OpenSUSE and FreeBSD using the standard
installation script, that ships also initial configuration files.
I have also installed have been able to install GNU Health 2.8 under
Debian and Arch.

The only point to adapt was the postgreSQL configuration file
(pg_hba.conf) in some of the OS.

Let us know if you found the way in your favorite OS. We are reviewing
the OS specific section to match the standard installation method to
each of them.

Best,
Luis