Re: [Health] gnu health Insurance

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] gnu health Insurance
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 18:05:55 +0100

Hi Islam
On Mon, 8 Sep 2014 09:20:28 +0300
Islam Ezzat <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello Everybody,
>
> I'm trying to configure the insurance in gnu health, but there are a
> lot of things that I don't get it.
>
> First,
> When I add new insurance company I enter
> number,insurance company,type, category ,
> and plan
> the plan is confusing me, in witch I only make new product?

We have a simple / generic way to associate insurance(s) to a person.

An easy way to create / associate an insurance to a person is
from the party / Person view.

On the One2Many widget, you can select - or create - the insurances
that this person has. At the patient level, you can specify the default
insurance.

The "Plan" is a product, with a price associated to it. The domain
limits the selection to the specific insurance company.

Finally, the insurance number is associated to the company and plan.

> second,
> When I add new patient when I enter the insurance I add one insurance
> with one plan(one product)
>
> I'm sue there is something(s) that I don't get
> We have a few insurance contracts which cover different things, what
> we need is when declaring that the patient follow a particular
> contract he pay according to it

GNU Health provides these generic models. From there the way
you deal which each insurance company and plan is part of the
localization for your hospital (deductions, type of services, health
institutions that cover that insurance, ... )

Best,