[Health] Web Based GUI for GNUHealth

From: Raymond Omeni
Subject: [Health] Web Based GUI for GNUHealth
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 00:10:58 +0100

Hi.

In a the coming weeks I shall be making a presentation for EMR based on GNUHealth to the Commissioner of Health in a State in my country.
Problem is that the emphasis has been on availability of Web Based Gui for administration.
The prospective client expects access to the server by doctors using browsers on tablets, computers etc.

Question is: Could GNUHealth be structured in a way that a single script can install GNUHealth modules and a web GUI for administration? While it is not my intention to make comparisons, OpenEMR has single install packages with web GUI that makes it really easy to get the software up and running in a very short time.

Sao GUI for Tryton has been in development for a while now as I understand, but even Sao will require several lines of installation instructions to get it running - the #1 hindrance for not- so- IT savvy installers.

The OpenSUSE platform build project for GNUhealth must be commended, though I believe that users should have the liberty of installing GNUHealth on any linux machine that has all dependencies installed. Also, In my opinion, locking GNUHealth to OpenSUSE because of Tryton client-server compatibility and upgrade issues can be avoided. Instead of a tryton client, we could have the tryton server controlled from a web gui from any device with a browser.

I am hoping I can provide my client with the web gui -server configuration if he finally decides to use GNUHealth.

Regards to all,

Raymond Omeni