Re: [Health] GNU HEALTH LIVE CD

From: Kostis Mousafiris
Subject: Re: [Health] GNU HEALTH LIVE CD
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 00:19:01 +0200

Hi Luis,
thanks a lot for a truly extra-quick answer!

Let me try to sum my feelings up in a more concise way:
I love free/libre software, so I will NOT be put off by just the amount of technical knowledge required in order to set GNU Health correctly up and running. However, let us not forget that many others will just feel frightened/ intimidated/ discouraged by the intricacies of the set up procedure....
So, yes, I will go on and try again (not with openSuSE though :-)
until I obtain a fully working version of it (and of course I will let the list participants know when I get there!)

On the other hand, despite I do agree with you that a "real-world" install should be done in a way that should indeed offer ample possibilities for a tailor-made set up, I still maintain that if we had a "live" pre-installed CD/DVD, it could be an excellent attraction for new comers to give it a go and become convinced that GNU Health does work and that it can live up to the challenge of organizing a robust health service.

Thanks again for giving some consideration to this discussion that I and Raymond brought up.
Friendly regards and appreciation for your excellent work!

Constantine