[Health] Importing data into GNU Health from another system

From: Arun I
Subject: [Health] Importing data into GNU Health from another system
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 13:25:06 +0530

Before I discovered GNU Health, I wrote a simple PHP-MySQL system to
record patient name, age, occupation, address, mobile no, and a few
other details.

Now, I wish to migrate to GNU Health, and import the data from my
earlier system into GNU Health. What would be the best way to do it?
Do I directly copy records into the database or is there some high
level Tryton way of doing it?

Also, I would like to retain the patient IDs from the earlier system.
How do I do that? I understand that from the Tryton client, the
patient ID is generated by the GNU Health system and is readonly.

--
My Site/Blog: http://www.theroarofthedragon.net