[Health] Laboratory Management: questions and observations

From: ronald munjoma
Subject: [Health] Laboratory Management: questions and observations
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 21:43:59 +0200

Hello,

I have gone through the Laboratory Management manual [0] to get an understanding of how the module works.

using the demo database I have observed that:

users in the Health Doctor Group:
 - can not request lab tests (there is no option to request lab test, or I missed the option somewhere, Health Lab Group members have a Lab Test Request option under Health --> Laboratory ---> Lab Test Requests)
- if a user in the Health Lab Test Group, creates a Lab Request and and publish Lab Test Results, users in the Health Doctor Group can not access the Lab Test Result, getting "You can not read this document! (gnuhealth.lab)" (accessed from patient form view ---> relate button ---> Lab Reports)

Lab Test Request
What happens when one clicks the Create Lab Test button (action button), I have noted the request status changes from Draft to Ordered, where are the Lab Orders stored? Are they supposed to be automatically added to the Lab Test Results and wait for the pathologist to fill in the values?

[0] http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Laboratory_Management

Regards and thanks
Ronald Munjoma