Re: [Health] Freely configurable Party and Products Flags with Configura

From: Alexandre Santos Aguiar
Subject: Re: [Health] Freely configurable Party and Products Flags with Configurable Per-Group Defaults
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 22:42:33 +0200

Hi,

Em Sex 20 Abr 2012 às 04:27, falava-se sobre "Re: [Health] Freely
configurable Party and Products Flags with Configurable Per-Group
Defaults" e Christoph H. Larsen escreveu:
> ad as new medical fields are added over time, you have to be constantly
> on the watch not to expose medical details to clerical staff. (I know

Yep. Think I understand now. Still do not have enough knowledge on Tryton
but generic system wide methods have been used elsewhere. Just for
brainstorming. Access privilege is a difficult matter.

One such "generic" method is the use of domains and contexts. Different
applications of domains define both so that a context is an application
domain where a given user is in (within his/her user domain). Tryton
seems to have both already.

If a user can create fields (or objects of any other available classes)
within his domain then the new fields|objects simply inherit the context.
This way "roles" can be defined dinamically depending on context even
without explicit user configuration. The whole system can be yet more
stringent by submitting functions and whole classes (including interface
components) to the this "domain + context = role" scheme (I suspect this
already happens somehow).

The only new function to be created (for human use) is the ability to
change contexts of newly created objects. And "change" here is the same
as privilege scalation in an (expected to be) ordered and safe fashion.
The less human intervention the better, IMHO.

A wider application of the contexts can include the machine where
application is run and/or the machine that requested data, important in
distributed applications.

Scenartio: someone creates a field (a database field and a correspondent
interface in a given window possibly with attached functions to assure
correction of newly entered data). For instance: a phisiciann creates a
field to record the presence of say, Naffziger sign. Both objects (data
colection interface and data storage) inherit the context of a phisician
caring for patient so that the system unsderstands that non health care
personel is not to see that bit of information. Not to take into account
the these new two objects will already be available only in the context
of a window that is available in the context of an app, etc. This
approach produces a very strong hierarchical mechanism with many
redundant such controls so that no single hack can unconceal much
information. If network location restriction is applied, other effects
may appear: a phisician could not open patient information (or be
required to assume himself liable for doing this) in a guaranteed non
private or non patient related local. This, however, requires a so
unlikely high commitment of IT personel although could be handled
(actually completely automated) by proper network topology.

An approach like this is used by Drupal that makes it available to third
party modules through an API.

Actually, for maximum automation and minimum impact on existing code, a
static object of class context (or anythigng meaningful) can be a private
component of a primitive virtual class to be base for all data related
classes. Or something like this that could work.

Please, forgive me if I wrote too much crap. Still have to study a big lot
of Tryton/Gnu Health internals. :-)

My 2 cents.

--

Alexandre

--
Useless fact for today:
If you feed a seagull Alka-Seltzer, its stomach will explode.