Re: [Health] Patient Registration Scenario - new version GNU Health 1.3.

From: Christoph H. Larsen
Subject: Re: [Health] Patient Registration Scenario - new version GNU Health 1.3.4
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 08:18:27 +0430

Dear Luis,

On 06/02/12 03:25, Luis Falcon wrote:
> Hi Chris !
>

> On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Christoph H. Larsen
> <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>>
> wrote:
>
>     Dear Crowd,
>
>     I am sitting in a scenario, where patient registration is done by
>     non-clinical staff that should not have any access to medical
>     information.
>     I am using the Health / Patients/ Patients facility to register new
>     patients, and to retrieve old once, and in order to hide any clinical
>     date, there are currently two ways to do so.
>

> The best way to register patients should be from the Party model (Party
> -> Parties ). The idea is that the admin stuff can have access to all
> the administrative information, without getting in the Medical part.
>
> There you have all the information (name, contacts, Social Security
> Number, Insurances... ). Look at the Party "Health" tab for more info.
> When the person is actually set up as a patient, just click on
> "Patient". Then the health professional will find all the patients
> enabled from the administrative stuff.
>
> Same applies for retrieving them.
This was indeed my frst approach, but then I found that there is one
single, but overpowering reason, why I cannot do this:
Enter patient core data at the "Party" ponit of entry does not produce
patient IDs. And the very same are needed throughout the system, from
patient reception to, well, the patient's demise.

Hence my rather convoluted different approach!
Thanks!
Chris