Re: [Health] How to incorporate the Greek translation into the programme

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] How to incorporate the Greek translation into the programme? [EL]
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 19:02:28 -0300

Hi Kostas !

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Kostas Mousafiris <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi there Luis!

I would just like to point out that I finally finished 100% the translation in Greek of all the GNU Health modules.
You can indeed take a look at the Transifex platform.

Excellent news !

My question is:

When could this work be incorporated into the programme, so as to be able to show it to people here in Greece and do a little bit of marketing?

We'll be releasing 1.4.3 this coming wee, so your translations will be included.

In case that this procedure should require a long time, in what other way could I try this on my own??
One way of doing is by downloading each translation file and placing them in the "locale" directory for each health module.
The you tell the file __tryton__.py whee is the module in the translation variable. For example

    'translation': ['locale/el.po],

where "el.po" is the name of the file you downloaded from transifex.

Good luck ! Let us know if that worked for you.

BTW, we are making translatable fields in professions, medical specialities, ICD-10, ethnicities... Before we used to use xml files per language, but it was kludgy. Now, when we update the template files in transifex, you would notice untranslated terms.

Best
Luis

I guess it would be the case of inserting the files into some specific point in the code, but where exactly should that be???

Thank you in advance!

Constantine

Στις 24/11/2011 03:07 πμ, ο/η Luis Falcon έγραψε:

Thank you Mousafiris !
It should not be hard. We just need to map the current tables to the GNU Health schema
Let us know if you need help.

Best regards
Luis