Re: [Health] Error running trytond server

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Error running trytond server
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 02:28:44 -0300

Hi Bashar

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 2:11 AM, Bashar <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello Mr.Luis,
>
> First of all, thank you for concerning about my issue.Actually, I made a
> clean installation after I removed the older one, and then every thing went
> fine.
Great !

> If we want to installĀ  the system for production on Ubuntu 10.04 lts server,
> then do you prefer to install it using $pip install --user or $pip install.?
I like better the pip install --user , as described in the
installation manual on Wikibooks
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health)
What I like about the user installation is that you have everything
under one user home directory.
No need to do system-wide installations.

> and will pip install all the required packages for trytond or I must install
> the required packages using ubuntu package manager at first?..supposing that
> Postgresql is already installed...means that pip will do all the work and I
> just have to run pip to install the base system.......and are there any
> additional notes that you want to tell me about concerning installing the
> system for production in a health center for example.....? :D
Pip will install the latest stable release and it's python
dependencies (like Tryton). It won't install Postgres.

For a production server, I would install GNU Health in a user
environment (not system-wide), following the steps on the Manual
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health). I suggest having a
dedicated user for running the GNU Health user and database.

But I admit it is also a matter of taste :-)
I like a lot the configure script. It gives me the highest level of
flexibility, but then you  have to install tryton separately, as well
as the other dependent modules.
Once you become familiar with the system, I'm pretty sure you will
come to your preferred method.

Have a great day
Luis

--