Re: [Health] GNU Health 1.4.2 Database: Could not connect to the server

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] GNU Health 1.4.2 Database: Could not connect to the server
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 22:18:28 -0300

Hi Ronald

2011/11/1 ronald munjoma <address@hidden>:
> On 1 November 2011 22:48, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Ronald
>>
>> 2011/11/1 ronald munjoma <address@hidden>:
>> > Good day,
>> > I have successfully installed GNU Health using the pip method, I can
>> > start
>> > the server (trytond and postgresql), when I try and create a  profile
>> > from
>> > the Tryton 2.2 client I am getting 'Database: Could not connect to the
>> > server' error. I can connect to the only tryton demo server from the
>> > same
>> > client
>> > I  have correctly set up the database to accept tcpi connections (I
>> > can access the database via Navicat over the network). Your assistance
>> > will
>> > be greatly appreciated.
>> > (gnuhealth)address@hidden:~/.local/bin$ ./trytond
>> > [Tue Nov 01 13:34:09 2011] INFO:server:using default configuration
>> > [Tue Nov 01 13:34:09 2011] INFO:server:initialising distributed objects
>> > [Tue Nov 01 13:34:10 2011] INFO:server:waiting for connections...
>> > Database:
>> > (gnuhealth)address@hidden:~$ /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.4 status
>> > Running clusters: 8.4/main
>> > regards and thanks
>> > Ronald
>>
>> Have you given the access rights to your user from postgres ? ( ie,
>> createuser ronald )
>
> yes, so I tried to recreate the role just in case something might have went
> wrong the first time.
> (gnuhealth)address@hidden:~$ sudo su postgres -c "createuser --createdb
> --no-adduser -P ronald"
> Enter password for new role:
> Enter it again:
> Shall the new role be allowed to create more new roles? (y/n) y
> createuser: creation of new role failed: ERROR:  role "ronald" already
> exists
> Does the role necessarily have to be super user?

No, but it should be able to create databases.

Try with your user (ronald) the following:
$ createdb foo
$ psql foo

If you can do that, then you're ok at PG level.

Also, make sure that your client is not pointing to an older
installation or port.

> confirm, when using pip install :  pip install --user trytond_health_profile
> do I have to replace --user with my username?

No. The --user parameter tells pip to do a local installation (under
your $HOME/.local) directory.

--
Luis Falcón
GNU Health