Re: [Health] GNU Medical 1.3.2 OpenERP installation

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] GNU Medical 1.3.2 OpenERP installation
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 18:54:50 -0300

Hi Ossi

2011/10/12 Ossi Viljakainen <address@hidden>

> Hi,
> OnSat, 17 Sep 2011 18:22:16 +0200 ronald munjoma wrote:
>>
>> On Thursday, 15 September 2011, Sebastián Marró wrote:
>> 2011/9/15 ronald munjoma <address@hidden>
>>>
>>> Good day,
>>>
>>> I was wondering if you are in a position to assit, I am trying to install
>>> GNU Medical 1.3.2 on OpenERP 6.03. I did extract and copy all the files to
>>> the addons directory, but when i check for the medical modules in module
>>> manager nothing comes. What I am doing wrong? Does GNU Health 1.3.2 run on
>>> OpenERP 6.03 (looks like development efforts have shifted towards Tryton,
>>> for reasons I support as well, the move is well justified)
>>>
>> Hi Ronald
>>   GNU Health 1.3.2. runs on Tryton only until now... the last stable
>> version that runs on OpenERP is the Medical 1.0.1 version...
>
> Has there been any efforts to implement GNU Health on OpenERP 6? Please let
> me know how can we help to contribute towards this.

Due to the issues related to OpenERP [1] [2] , GNU Solidario has
decided to keep the GNU Health development on the Postgresql + Tryton
framework, a true community-based project.

It is important to understand that GNU Health under Tryton is the
official GNU Package and the one that the United Nations University,
Institute of Global Health (UNU-IIGH) has embraced. Health must be a
public good, and the only to achieve it is by integrating
community-based systems.

[1] http://www.meanmicio.org/2011/10/developing-countries-not-in-openerp.html
[2]
http://www.meanmicio.org/2011/09/free-software-versus-open-source-tryton.html