health-i18n

Re: What are "Operational Area" and "Operational Sector"

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: What are "Operational Area" and "Operational Sector"
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 13:14:35 +0100

Dear Tumashu

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 17:26:36 +0800 (CST)
> Sorry,
>
> 1, The three distribution of diseases refers to time distribution,
> regional distribution and population distribution. Is "Operational
> Area"   the "region" of  regional distribution?

You could see the operational area as a component of a regional
distribution.

> 2, In China, we say  regional health plan, does this region is
> similar "Operational Area"?

Yes. It allows the government make specific health campaigns based on
the peculiarities of that region.

> 3, In most time  How big "Operational Area" ?

It really depends on how you set it up. It could be the size of a city
(which would include the neighborhoods/barrios/communes as operational
sectors), or it could be a province (that would include all the cities
and municipalities).

As you can see, the unit is the Operational Sector. Each Domiciliary
Unit ("house") is associated to an operational sector.

We also associate health institutions to operational sectors.

This is important for demographics and epidemiology. For many reasons:
check the prevalence and incidence of any health condition, prevent
epidemics, improve health promotion campaigns in that area, ...

PS: I had documented the Operational Sectors and operational areas
components, but it seems somebody deleted it... this is the problem in
Wikibooks. I will check on the history and get that page back.

All the best
Luis