health-i18n

Re: [Health-i18n] German translation for health module GH3.4

From: Mathias Behrle
Subject: Re: [Health-i18n] German translation for health module GH3.4
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 11:48:34 +0100

* address@hidden: " German translation for health module
  GH3.4" (Wed, 23 Jan 2019 08:39:25 -0000):

Dear Edgar,

thanks for your work!

> now I finished the German translation for the health module
>
> starting from the shipped GH3.4 de.po file.
>
> (If anybody is interested in this translated file I can provide it by mail.)
>

> Since I started from the de.po file that was originally shipped
>
> with GNU Health 3.4. I did not upload it to the Pootle server
>
> because I realized now the presumable differences between de.pot and de.po.
>
> (I still have no access to the shipped de.pot file at the moment.)
>
> But I downloaded the .pot file now from the Pootle server and found 30
> matches with
>
> Federation
>
> while in the de.po file they are missing completely.

Then there seems to be a missing msgmerge on the pootle server.

@Luis: BTW it seems that pot2po from translate_toolkit
http://docs.translatehouse.org/projects/translate-toolkit/en/stable-1.13.0/commands/pot2po.html
is a little bit more aggressive on string matching.

But indeed I will now running tests to upgrade the local weblate installation I
am running here to 3.4 which comes with new handy features ;)

- Improved performance of loading translation files.
- Improved performance of fulltext index updates.
- Extended file upload API to support more parameters
etc.

https://blog.cihar.com/archives/debian/

I will try to check exactly for those issues and try to get clean and
up-to-date translation files. If all runs well I will finally recommend to
migrate from pootle to weblate.

> So it would be great if in the next update for GH3.4 all shipped .po files
>
> could correspond to their .pot file because then it would be easier for a
>
> user to adapt the correct translation file.
>

> Interestingly in the downloaded Pootle file there are
>
> 69 matches of the string
>
> msgid ""\nmsgstr
>
> which means there is no content within the msgid.
>
> I wonder if this is correct? Are there 69 fields without names?
>
> E.g.:
>
> msgctxt "selection:gnuhealth.appointment,appointment_type:"
>
> msgid ""
>
> msgstr ""
>

> or
>
> msgctxt "selection:gnuhealth.death_certificate,place_of_death:"
>
> msgid ""
>
> msgstr ""

Those are presumably just empty selection options and ok.

> I will try to merge my translated file with the downloaded file from the
> Pootle server and keep you updated then.

Best

Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle
    MBSolutions

    Tel: +49(761)471023
    Fax: +49(761)4770816
    http://www.m9s.biz
    UStIdNr: DE 142009020
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6
    AC29 7E5C 46B9 D0B6 1C71  7681 D6D0 9BE4 8405 BBF6