health-i18n

Re: [Health-i18n] German localization for GNU Health 3.4

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-i18n] German localization for GNU Health 3.4
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 06:31:14 +0000

Dear Edgar
On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 22:46:55 +0100
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Luis,
>
> could you please tell me the plan for localization of GNU Health 3.4?
>

> On the Pootle server at
> http://translate.gnusolidario.org/de/GNUHEALTH/
>
> there is still version 3.2., I guess.

Each version provides a differential set of new strings over the
previous one. I will update the POT on 3.4 soon :)

> Is there any chance to migrate the already translated strings from
> Version 2.8. from
>
> https://www.transifex.com/meanmicio/GNU_Health/language/de_AT/ ?
>
> They are 100 % translated (except of ICPM).

Basically you can download the generated .po file and then upload it to
our pootle server.

Two things to consider:
1) 2.8 is a bit dated...
2) As the language de_AT is a derived language from the generic "de",
you only need to upload the terms that differ from the "main" language.
That is, I would focus on "de". Once that language is fully translated
for 3.4, take the set of specific strings for German Austria and place
it on the de_AT subproject.

> The ICD-10 translation is provided by DIMDI, the official WHO
> translator. Axel has already organized this file.
>
> Would it be possible to use this file for updating the German
> translation (automatically)?

Absolutely. We can open a task for that and work on it.

> Thank you very much,

Thank you my friend !

Best
Luis