health-i18n

Re: [Health-i18n] Tips for translations.

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-i18n] Tips for translations.
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 16:24:16 +0100

Dear Armand !

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 10:26:33 +0000 (UTC)
Armand MPASSY-NZOUMBA <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Luis,
> Thanks a lot for your guidance on this.

You're welcome :)

Thanks !

> > Also, make sure that the translation strings are not longer than in
> > English, since long translations will lead to "scrolling" and that
> > is not good :)
>
> Noted as well although not easy to implement. French statements are
> usually longer than English ones. Due to the big volume of work, it
> would be appreciable to have a bigger translation team. Any one
> interested in contributing to the French translation?

Very true. I face the same issue when translating into Spanish. It's
hard to come to a similar number of chars when going from English to
Spanish or French.

A good option is to better document the tooltips (the strings / helpers
that are shown in the fields when we place the mouse or focus on top of
the field). There, there is no limit and it does not affect the screen
layout.

Sure, the bigger the translators team, the better the quality and end
result !

Thanks a lot for your help.

Bests
Luis