health-i18n

Re: [Health-i18n] [Health-dev] Language files

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-i18n] [Health-dev] Language files
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 22:50:40 +0700

Hi Axel !
On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 21:25:33 +0100
Axel Braun <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Luis,
>
> Am Sonntag, 17. Januar 2016, 11:11:57 schrieb Luis Falcon:
> > > -> so the wget call fails
> > >

> > That's because es_US is the original source language for GNU Health,
> > the .pot file that is used to translate to other languages. So
> > there is no such translation.
>
> makes sense :-)

:)
> French does not look too good as well:
>
> HTTP-Anforderung gesendet, auf Antwort wird gewartet … 500 INTERNAL
> SERVER
> ERROR 2016-01-21 21:22:31 FEHLER 500: INTERNAL SERVER
> ERROR.

It's a translation issue, that is generating the error. It looks like
is related to a "user" string in the French translation.

I can  reset the translation file for French if there is no answer
about this issue in the coming days. It's not a problem of Pootle.

> IMHO this approach is not really 'end-user compatible'.
> Cant we place all language files in a subdirectory (by GNU Health
> version for example) to have a stable basis for installation?

That's the current model. All these official translations are included
the tarball. What the gnuhealth-control getlang command does is to
retrieve and install the specific language latest translation files
from our Pootle instance at GNU.

All the best,
Luis

--