[Health-dev] [bug #61922] Can not search full name of patient.

From: Feng Shu
Subject: [Health-dev] [bug #61922] Can not search full name of patient.
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 20:10:45 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #61922 (project health):

[comment #1 comment #1:]
> In that case, you would search for both name and lastname
>
> See: https://i.imgur.com/MmGTudQ.png

I use this search "患者: 冯书", seem do not work, I think we should
improve this feature.

Searching full name is an important feature for CJK user. we always search
full name. if without this feature,
User just think this software have problem :-\

## I think we can add 3 fields to class: PersonName

1. text:  this is text representation of the full name in HL7 FHIR, auto
generated, so we can search fullname with: ('person_names.text',) +
tuple(clause[1:])
2. name_representation:  formater of PersonName, I think formating names is
PersonName's job, not Party, Party just select a name text to use.
3. Used: if this is true, text will be use as rec_name of person name, if
multi used, just select first one.

## Add format_name() method to PersonName.

## If we do the above job, I think get_rec_name in Party can be simplify a
lot. name_representation in Party be removed or used as fallback for backward
compatibility.

> In any case, to uniquely indentify a person / patient, you should always
look by the PUID / Fed account.

Yes, but in many case, we need search person name to find record. :-).

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?61922>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/