[Health-dev] Thalamus/Federation documentation

From: Gerald Wiese
Subject: [Health-dev] Thalamus/Federation documentation
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 11:13:20 +0200

Hey,

I was working on connecting a GNU Health HMIS node to Thalamus and it took me
quite a lot time. I shared my suggestions
for improvements of the documentation here:

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Talk:GNU_Health/Federation_Technical_Guide

If desired I can make those changes on my own in wikibooks.

Best

Gerald

[content of the link:

While trying to get Thalamus/Federation running I noticed there are some
missing and wrong informations in the
documentation. I suggest the following changes:

- Advise to use a virtual environment. Otherwise the main server will crash
since it uses a different version of werkzeug

- Put "pip3 install --user thalamus" above "Initializing PostgreSQL for the HIS
and Person Master Index" because it
depends on files delivered during the pip installation

- Add the information that the "demo directory" is where "pip3 show thalamus"
points

- Change "psql < federation_schema.sql" to "psql -d federation <
federation_schema.sql"

- In "Initializing PostgreSQL for the HIS and Person Master Index" change the
numbering to 1,2,3 instead of 1,3,4

- The demo user/pw ITAPYT999HON:gnusolidario would also be a nice hint

- I finally managed to connect over uwsgi & https (on Ubuntu), but I needed
some more steps:

sudo apt install uwsgi uwsgi-plugin-router-access uwsgi-plugin-python3

pip3 install flask-cors

replace psycopg2.connect(...) by psycopg2.connect(dbname=’federation’) in
import_pg.py and thalamus.py

add lines "plugins = http,python3" and “venv = /path/venv/” to
thalamus_uwsgi.ini

]