Re: [Health-dev] Suggestions and Improvement of the usability

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Suggestions and Improvement of the usability
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 22:53:53 +0100

Hi, Marco!
On Mon, 23 Aug 2021 21:59:22 +0200
Marco Gebhardt <marcogebhardt@onlinehome.de> wrote:

> Hi @ all,
>
> I used MyGNUHealth in the last week for adding my personal data and i
> found some suggestions to improve the software.
>
> My Suggestions:
> - Every Doctor uses different units for blood pressure or glucose
> (mg/dl or mmol/l). It would be good when there is a switching option
> or an calculator when you want to add a new entry for your preferred
> unit

Harmonization in Units of Measure is always an issue. My experience
is that many countries are using the conventional units (eg, mg/dL)
rather than the SI (eg, mmol/l).

In an ecosystem like GNU Health Federation, with potential large
geographical network, and different components (hospital, lab, PHR..)
entering information,  I believe the best approach is to use a specific
standard, and then apply a conversion factor (we do that today with the
weight, showing the value in kg and its equivalent in pounds). What is
important is that the unit is always present.

> - Add an abort (or cancel) function when you don't want to add a new
> blood pressure entry because you accidental pressed the add button

This is a good idea. When working interactively, we should show a
dialog like "Save the results?" or similar.

> - When you want to add for example a blood pressure entry. You can
> only do it for today/now and not for a value in the past. Please add
> a date function to the add entry page
> - Make it possible to change values you add in the past.

We do this in the Book of Life, where you can store any page
(event) for any given date on the past. The only problem in the book of
life is that does not plot the results, just shows them in the list.

The health tracker is mainly focus on recording current data for
current contexts, but we can explore the possibility of enhancing the
functionality for past readings. I'm a bit reluctant as it can hinder
the user experience bloating the page, but we can study it :)

We are also introducing a "batch input" functionality, a script that
takes a given file with the information coming from another PHR or
diary and automatically imports into MyGNUHealth.

> I´m also not satisfied with the charts showing the stats. Not that
> pretty. :) But I haven't a good solution for it right now.

:)

Matplotlib is excellent. I think we need to better fit the charts,
colors... definitely room for improvement. Here comes the "convergence"
concept, that we should work on readability both on desktop and mobile
devices.

Thanks again for the great feedback and looking forward to implement
the suggestions!

All the best,
Luis