Re: [Health-dev] Automated insertion of demo data

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Automated insertion of demo data
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 13:59:31 +0100

Dear Andreas

El Mon, 10 May 2021 11:50:03 +0200
Andreas Lenhardt via Health-dev <health-dev@gnu.org> escribió:
>  Hello,
>
> I have seen that there is no demo database for version 3.8 of
> Gnuhealth yet.

I will upload the 3.8 demo series today, after some cleanup :)

> I would like to create my own demo data for teaching purposes.
> For this I would like to know if there is an API or other way to
> transfer larger datasets in heaps into the system.
> E.g. from a CSV file, using a Python program, etc.
>

> Many thanks and best regards

Definitely. The best approach is to use Proteus. We have some scripts
that upload demographics, patient, data, lab results...

Take a look at the lab interfacing section here:

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Laboratory_Management#Interfaces_with_Laboratories_and_LIMS

And some demo script here:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/health/file/tip/tryton/doc/samples/interfaces/lab

All the best