Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health Occupation database - French and German tran

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health Occupation database - French and German translation not activated
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 12:54:44 +0200

Hello Edgar,

looks like you had a hard time....

Am Samstag, 24. April 2021, 11:20:52 CEST schrieb Edgar Hagenbichler:
> Am 23.04.2021 um 15:44 schrieb Axel Braun:
> >> As test@GNUHealth-Raspi4 I want now to create a new database as Luis
> >> suggests: with
> >>
> >> createdb health38
> >>
> >> then I got "could not connect to template1: FATAL: role "test" does not
> >> exist".
> >
> > you need to use the right user, who has a role in postgres. This is either
> > the user postgres, or the user tryton, see:
> > https://en.opensuse.org/GNUHealth_on_openSUSE#Quick_Start
>
> Now I changed first to user root (su root), then cd /tmp, then su
> postgres, then "createdb health38". No error so far.

Yes, that works, but the database has the owner 'postgres' now.
As it is empty you can savely run
dropdb health38
and afterwards
createdb health38 --encoding='UTF-8' --owner=tryton

> Then cdexe," python3 .trytond-admin --all database=health38" (like
> described in
> https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Installation#Initialize_the_databas
> e_instance).

cdexe is not needed when sing GNU Halth from packages, as trytond-admin is
installed in /usr/bin
(run
cnf trytond-admin
to find out in which package and in which path it is)

> ==> python3: cant´t open file 'trytond-admin': [Errno 2] No such
> file
>
> Searching for the file: is within usr/bin
>
> changing to this directory, executing the command again: no such file ...
>
> trying again with python3 trytond-admin --all database=health38
>
> => File
> "usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/trytond/backend/sqlite/database.py"
> line 265, in connect raise IOError ('Database "%s" does not exist! %
> db_filename) OSError: Database "health38.sqlite" does not exist!"

As described in
https://en.opensuse.org/GNUHealth_on_openSUSE#Setup_more_in_detail

you need to tell trytond-admin where the configuration file is (as long as you
have not set it in the shell environment, see Luis' mail from last days)

So, a proper call would be
su tryton -s /bin/bash
trytond-admin -c /etc/tryton/trytond.conf --all -d health38 -v
(the -v is not required, but gives you some entertainment while the database
is initialized)

> Searching for health38* in trytond+subdirectories => no files
>
> Searching for ghdemo38* (that is the database which connects at
> localhost) in root+subdirectories, also hidden files => no files
>
> Any ideas? Where can I find the database file itself?

somehwere under /var/lib/pgsql - the standard path of a postgres database (but
you dont really want do do anything in there)

HTH
Axel