Re: [Health-dev] connecting to GNUHealth server within wlan: could not c

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] connecting to GNUHealth server within wlan: could not connect to server
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 18:25:37 +0200

Hello Edgar,

Am Donnerstag, 22. April 2021, 20:45:59 CEST schrieb Edgar Hagenbichler:

> when I try to connect to my GNUHealth server on my Raspi within my wlan
> (10.0.0.15) with my Tryton client 5.0.33 I get the message "could not
> connect to server".  I can access the Federation server. I can ping the
> Raspi.

Hm....take a look at the attached picture.

I have a Raspi 4 with Leap 15.3 and GNUHealth 3.8.0 running. Firewall switched
off.

- I pinged the Raspi - works
- I logged in with ssh - works
- On my Laptop I started the GNU Health Client, and added an entry for
GNUHealth-raspi4: Databases are detected, and I can connect.

So there is no general issue....

> Even when I tried to stop the firewall within the home net (router at
> 10.0.0.138) it did not help.

I guess that is not the best idea to have the home network open to the
world....considering that you are using highly vulnerable proprietary
systems....

HTH
Axel