Re: [Health-dev] [task #15167] Orthanc DICOM module

From: Chris Zimmerman
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [task #15167] Orthanc DICOM module
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2019 01:26:22 +0000

Hi!

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Sunday, March 3, 2019 3:01 AM, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 16:16:05 +0100
> Axel Braun address@hidden wrote:
>
> > Am Donnerstag, 28. Februar 2019, 15:04:38 CET schrieb Luis Falcon:
> >
> > > Quick followup ...

> > > Although it's linked with QT & licensed under LGPL, I have not seen
> > > the source code from Aliza, so until that is clear we can not
> > > integrate it and should keep on the quest to find the ultimate
> > > Libre DICOM viewer :D
> >
> > I could not find any license for the aliza package - LGPL just refers
> > to the linked QT libraries.
> > The guys are in Bonn (could have knocked their door yesterday ;-) I
> > will drop them a mail - or did you do already?
>
> That would be great ! My German is as good as my Chinese :D
>
> > For the rest, I have othanc-webviewer and othanc-dicomweb in the
> > build queue. I finished gdcm, which is a C++ library for DICOM
> > medical files, and a build requirement for the webviewer. Same as
> > cornerstone, a nodejs package, which waits to be build.
> > So, any lightweight package is welcome.....
>
> Aeskulap needs some work / update, but it isvery light and a great
> piece of software. We just need somebody to update the source code to
> the latest specs and maintain it. It could be a great companion and
> integrate it with GNU Health.

It would be nice to have that developed again but I'm somewhat worried about
trying to restart a basically dead (10+ yr since last commit) software project.
Personally, I have no experience with C++. I tried out Aliza, too, and have no
complaints. I defer to others for the viewer selection, but the simple viewer
provided by orthanc seems too basic.

Regards,