Re: [Health-dev] Show the DU address in the main person info

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Show the DU address in the main person info
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 13:59:53 +0100

Hi there !

On Sun, 17 Apr 2016 07:54:09 +0700
Cédric Krier <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2016-04-16 23:30, Cédric Krier wrote:
> > I'm talking about people who
> > live in two places at the same time. For example, there are seasonal
> > workers who move every 6 months. I don't think we can expect from
> > the health professional to update the record of such patient every
> > 6 months.
>
> I have another example: children of divorced couple, they often live
> in both parent places by intermittence.

Sure, and they also stay at friends houses, at their grandparents, go to
summer camps, etcetera ..

A person can have a current DU at given time, and is all recorded on
the demographics history .

It's important to know that GU Health Domiciliary Unit[1] and
Tryton address are two different concepts, that can perfectly
co-exist in their respective contexts, as explained[2]

Of course, GNU Health also records the contact of the relative, Next
of kin, friends, school, work, ... associated to the person, so we
cover all scenarios.

As far as updating the demographics (address, work, education, ... )
it's the person responsibility, not the health professional, although
is a good practice to ask for any change.

As a matter of fact, the upcoming GNU Health mobile app "MyGnuHealth"[3]
will allow to keep your DU, contact information, job, and other
demographics up-to-date.

PS: The original topic ("Show the DU address in the main person
info") is fading away, losing the original point, and getting
reiterative. We should avoid making this thread longer[4]

1.- https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Domiciliary_Units
2.- http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/health-dev/2016-04/msg00073.html
3.- https://savannah.gnu.org/task/index.php?13956#comment2
4.- https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Code_of_Conduct