Re: [Health-dev] Warehouse for pharmacy

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Warehouse for pharmacy
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 10:21:18 +0000

Hi there !
On Tue, 8 Dec 2015 15:24:26 +0700
Cédric Krier <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at the pharmacy workflow and I have some questions about
> the design. There they are:
>
> - Why forcing to have a warehouse for pharmacy instead of just a
> storage location? As far as I see it the warehouse is only used to
> create the stock moves of a prescription by using the storage
> location as origin. For me, having to create a warehouse for each
> pharmacy is too much because they could be managed as simple location
> inside one big warehouse (the hospital).
>
> - Why is a pharmacy a party? I think it will be better to have a Model
>   Pharmacy that will link a party with a location. Because an hospital
>   could have many pharmacy but they are not necessary a legal entity.
>   With my proposal we could link all the pharmacies to a single
>   hospital.
It's true that many health institutions have their own pharmacies, but
many don't.

The pharmacy can be a separate entity from a health institution, so we
can have pharmacies across the city / country, that we can locate, and
have them deal with their own resources.

So, the physician prescribes, but the prescription can be dispatched
within the same institution or outside (most of the cases).

> - Why is "Create Prescription Stock Move" a wizard? I'm not sure to
>   understand the workflow. For me, a workflow would have been more
>   appropriated because the delivery could require more steps like
>   assigning the right pharmacy, update the quantity etc.
Agree. A workflow will give it more flexibility. Today the wizard is a
simple way to create the moves in one straight-forward step.

What do you think ? Please let me know your thoughts. You're the expert
on this area, and I believe we can all benefit from your
suggestions ! :)

Best,
Luis